RLH Corporation Releases Hotel Cleanliness Standards
Hotel cleanliness recommendations are based on guidance from the
Hotels following The Company’s guidelines should be deploying several cleanliness measures including:
- Physical distancing including the use of physical distancing markers, protocols for space between hotel staff and hotel guests, plexiglass shields at front desks and credit card terminals to limit physical contact, where possible.
- Only opening as many rooms as needed as occupancy begins to increase – when reserving rooms, locate bookings in one section of the building or in every other room, when possible.
- Increased public space sanitation including making hand sanitizer available to guests and employees throughout public spaces and hourly disinfection of public and back of house areas, as well as the surfaces within them.
- Increased guestroom sanitation including removing all reusable collateral and reading material from rooms, removing extra pillows and blankets stored in closets and focusing housekeeping attention on disinfecting every surface within a guestroom such as desks, counters, phones, TV remotes, thermostats, cabinets, doors, restroom hardware, windows, lighting controls and closet hangers.
- Food and beverage service modifications such as serving condiments in single use containers, suspending self-serve food options, and prohibiting the re-use of cups at self-serve beverage stations.
- Technological advancements such as mobile check-in and digital keys, where available.
“The hospitality industry must change and adapt to a new normal,” says RLHC Chief Operations Officer,
For more information on the measures RLHC is taking to relieve franchisees, employees, and hotel guests during COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Update at www.redlion.com.
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: RLHC (Red Lion Hotels Corporation